Thursday, January 29, 2015

"If The Savior Stood Beside Me"

Look for something here that might be hard to believe.
But behold, verily, verily, I say unto you that mine eyes are upon you. I am in your midst and ye cannot see me;
Doctrine & Covenants 38:7

What a sobering truth! At this very moment, the Lord is right next to you as you are reading this.  He is omnipresent and watching.  Doctrine & Covenants 88:41 clarifies things by saying:
He comprehendeth all things, and all things are before him, and all things are round about him; and he is above all things, and in all things, and is through all things, and is round about all things; and all things are by him, and of him, even God, forever and ever.

So should knowing the Savior is there with you change anything? I have a favorite Primary song called, “If the Savior Stood Beside Me” by Sally DeFord.  The first verse goes:
        If the Savior stood beside me,
        Would I do the things I do?
        Would I think of His commandments and try harder to be true?
        Would I follow His example?
        Would I live more righteously if I could see the Savior standing nigh,
        watching over me?
         
But then the last verse concludes with the realization:
        He is always near me, though I do not see Him there,
        And because He loves me dearly,
        I am in His watchful care,
        So I’ll be the kind of person that I know I’d like to be
        If I could see the Savior standing nigh watching over me.


Today’s Takeaway: Try to walk through today staying aware of the Lord’s caring eyes upon you.  Strive to live today in a way that would make Him proud.  Try to live in a way that would be pleasing to Him.  The Savior really is there and watching over us with His perfect love and concern.

No comments:

Post a Comment