Tuesday, March 3, 2015

A Place to Receive Power

Look for why temples are important.
 Yea, verily I say unto you, I gave unto you a commandment that you should build a house, in the which house I design to endow those whom I have chosen with power from on high;
Doctrine & Covenants 95:8

What does “endow” mean? Consider these sentences: “She gave a large financial endowment to the Business College.” “He was endowed with tremendous physical strength.” Endow means to give or be given gifts. 

God has chosen temples as a place “to endow” us with “powers from on high”.  We need those gifts, blessings, and powers in our lives. Have you ever considered at what specific times in the temple we are endowed with power? One of my favorite activities in the temple is what is called Initiatories. When I went through the temple for the first time, I was preparing for my mission and I only had a few opportunities to return to the temple before entering the mission field. So it was not until after my mission that I got to enjoy Initiatories again. Although we do the work for others who have passed on, it is wonderful to bask and re-internalize the great gifts and blessings God has given us in His house.


Today’s Takeaway: Plan a trip to the Temple.  When you are there, consider the various times the Lord “endows”.  Re-enjoy those blessings all over again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment