Friday, March 20, 2015

A Disturber & Annoyer

Look for if it is okay to be a disturber and annoyer.
   He again forbade me to join with any of them; and many other things did he say unto me, which I cannot write at this time. When I came to myself again, I found myself lying on my back, looking up into heaven. When the light had departed, I had no strength; but soon recovering in some degree, I went home. And as I leaned up to the fireplace, mother inquired what the matter was. I replied, “Never mind, all is well—I am well enough off.” I then said to my mother, “I have learned for myself that Presbyterianism is not true.” It seems as though the adversary was aware, at a very early period of my life, that I was destined to prove a disturber and an annoyer of his kingdom; else why should the powers of darkness combine against me? Why the opposition and persecution that arose against me, almost in my infancy?
Joseph Smith-History 1:20

So is it okay? Joseph labeled himself here as a disturber and annoyer –to Satan and his kingdom. How would you like that?  How would you like to be one of those people who make Satan so angry he says, “Oh that man (or woman) annoys me so bad! He disturbs all my great plans for the misery and sorrow of everyone around him!” Followed by the sound of his usually wailing and of teeth gnashing.

If you want to be one of those people who really make Satan so mad, just be a firm follower of Christ.  You will end up doing so much good for so many around you that Satan will despise you.  But don’t worry, God has you in His hands. 


Today’s Takeaway: Live life on the edge. Decide today to be a disturber and annoyer of Satan’s kingdom.  Be a completely dedicated follower of Christ and you will have countless opportunities to help and heal and bless other’s lives. You will help save many from so much sorrow and misery. And that will be incredibly annoying and disturbing to Satan.    

No comments:

Post a Comment