Monday, April 6, 2015

Jesus at Conference

Look for how we should treat the messages of Conference.
  What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same.
Doctrine & Covenants 1:38

If you heard that, at some time during General Conference, the Savior was going to be speaking, would you be sure not to miss any session?  Would you take notes?  Likewise, when you got the Conference issue of the Church magazine, would you read the Lord’s talk over again?
Well the truth is that the Lord has spoken in each Conference since God has placed prophets and apostles back on the earth. Robert D. Hales has taught, "I promise you in His name that if you pray with a sincere desire to hear your Heavenly Father’s voice in the messages of this conference, you will discover that He has spoken to you to help you, to strengthen you, and to lead you home into His presence" (General Conference: Strengthening Faith and Testimony, Oct. 2013).


Today’s Takeaway: Listen to General Conference with the intent of hearing the Lord speaking to you.  Read, listen, or watch the Conference messages over again. I love that www.mormonchannel.org  or lds.org make this so easy. Decide a regular time to enjoy this nourishment each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment