Tuesday, March 17, 2015

A Bound Tongue

Look for what Satan’s technique is.
  After I had retired to the place where I had previously designed to go, having looked around me, and finding myself alone, I kneeled down and began to offer up the desires of my heart to God. I had scarcely done so, when immediately I was seized upon by some power which entirely overcame me, and had such an astonishing influence over me as to bind my tongue so that I could not speak. Thick darkness gathered around me, and it seemed to me for a time as if I were doomed to sudden destruction.
Joseph Smith-History 1:15

This is not unique Joseph. Satan tries to bind our tongues all the time.  He tries to get us to not say the things we should.  For instance, have you ever felt this binding when you should introduce yourself to a new person?  Has your tongue ever stopped working when you needed to say, “I’m sorry”, “I love you”, or when trying to give a heartfelt compliment? Have you experienced paralysis of the tongue when you needed to stand up for what is right, or share your feelings about the Lord with someone? How about when you were going to invite someone to a Church activity?  If you have had these moments, the answer is found in what young Joseph did.  He exerted all his powers and then God freed Joseph’s tongue.   


Today’s Takeaway: Don’t let Satan Bind your tongue. If you will fight the fear and temptation, God will help loose your tongue.  Think of things you need to say to a family member, friend, or acquaintance. Take that leap of faith and start talking. God will give you the strength beyond your own strength to say what needs to be said.  

No comments:

Post a Comment